Wash the Ecocashmere
Wash the Ecocashmere
It is always essential to make a sample and wash it before carrying out the final work.
Washing ecocashmere is the same as washing cashmere, follow these steps.
It is recommended, when possible and especially for knitwear by knitting machine, to dry wash the sample/garment first to allow the fibers to stabilize and then wash the sample/garment in the washing machine following our advice below.
Machine wash only needs to be done the first time. Subsequently it is strongly recommended to wash the garment by hand, to dry.
To obtain maximum softness, dry clean the garment first, and then following our advice below. You can have it washed at any dry cleaner who knows how to wash knitwear.
TREATMENT IN THE WASHING MACHINE:
The washing indicated is very delicate and the presence of vinegar will be an excellent descaler:
– Machine wash at 30 ° for 7 minutes with very little detergent for delicate clothes
– Rinse in the washing machine
– Machine wash at 30 ° for 7 minutes with very little fabric softener and 1/4 measuring cup of white wine vinegar
– Centrifuge at 400 rpm for 5 minutes (or as little as possible)
– Dry flat without exposing to direct sunlight
This washing procedure is valid whether it is the sample, the finished garment or the yarn itself.
In the first washings, some “hair” may come out, which is nothing more than the excess fiber that is purged. This is normal for ecocashmere yarns.
But please, always do a sample before doing the final work, so you can decide whether to work it more or less tightly and whether to wash it more or less, in order to achieve the result you like best.
To wash the yarn before working it you need to be an expert, otherwise the yarn gets tangled during washing and becomes unusable. It is therefore necessary to make skeins of one meter in diameter, of no more than one hundred grams each and tie them with at least 5-6 intertwined bindings so that the yarn does not tangle. If you are not an expert in skeins, first try some low quality yarns (acrylic, wool, etc.) in order to see the final result, if the skeins in the washing machine do not get tangled you can start with cashmere.
This washing process in the washing machine must be carried out only the first time, then it is recommended to wash the garments by hand following this procedure:
If you want your pullover to always remain soft and fluffy, follow these tips:
– Soak it in warm water with a mild detergent or hair shampoo (use very little), adding a little white vinegar in case of streaks or bright colors.
– Leave it to soak for a short time, at most ten, fifteen minutes.
– Do not rub it and handle it gently.
– Rinse it patiently several times and with lots of water, always lukewarm, until the water is perfectly clear.
– Do not squeeze it but remove the water by pressing gently.
– Wrap the pullover in a terry cloth to remove excess water.
– Spread it out on a horizontal plane, taking care to avoid direct exposure to the sun.
– Let it dry at room temperature, never near a heat source.
– Iron it with a strong jet of steam without pressing with the iron.