Useful tips for washing Alpaca yarns
TREATMENT for hand-knitted yarns
If you want your Alpaca pullover to always remain soft and fluffy, follow these tips:
● Soak it in warm water with hair shampoo or hair conditioner (use very little), adding a little white wine vinegar in case of streaks or bright colors.
● Leave it to soak for a short time, at most ten, fifteen minutes.
● Do not rub it and handle it gently.
● Patiently rinse it several times and with plenty of water, always lukewarm, until the water is perfectly clear.
● Do not squeeze it but remove the water by pressing gently.
● Wrap the pullover in a terry cloth to remove excess water.
● Spread it out on a horizontal surface taking care to avoid direct exposure to the sun.
● Let it dry at room temperature, never near a heat source.
● Iron it with a strong jet of steam without placing the iron on your head.
TREATMENT AND FINISHING for machined yarns (industrial):
Dry clean with appropriate solvent.
Washing in water at 30 ° with a 20: 1 bath ratio (water: material) with softener in a percentage of 1-2% of the weight of the material.
Iron with steam press. In the case of striped knitwear, dry cleaning only is essential.
To check for possible shrinkage during treatment, washing or ironing, it is advisable to carry out some tests in advance to ensure compliance of the sizes.
Washing in water at 30 °: 3/4
Dry cleaning: 4
Average values to be checked on each single color
It is always recommended to make a test sheet and wash it before proceeding with the processing, both in the machining and in the hand processing.
All our yarns are in stock untreated / washed, and appear raw, so it is essential to make a small sample and wash it following our advice before proceeding with the final processing. Check the first points and in case of irregularities stop work immediately and contact our. technical office .